The DAOhaus app empowers any community to
- Summon and add members to a Moloch DAO
- Coordinate through DAO proposals with a human-friendly interface
The three following components enable the DAOhaus app to function smoothly:
- Smart Contracts (Moloch): DAOhaus uses Moloch DAO's smart contracts to facilitate on-chain DAO functionalities (e.g. permissioned membership via loot/share, proposals, treasury & minions, ragequit, etc.)
- Subgraphs: DAOhaus uses subgraphs from The Graph to ensure that on-chain data is indexed and available for querying.
- Client: The DAOhaus app is built on React.
When a user interacts with DAOhaus, they are using a client that references on-chain data from Subgraphs, as well as on-chain functionality from Moloch smart contracts.
Today, DAOhaus is largely open source on Github (opens in a new tab). There are some services (e.g. data middleware) that are managed by the DAOhaus core team. We are currently exploring more open source and decentralized alternatives.
Smart Contracts (Moloch, Baal) ### Contribute
As a no-code platform for Moloch DAOs, the DAOhaus app interfaces with Moloch contracts for all on-chain actions and features.
Currently, the DAOhaus app supports Moloch v2 DAOs using the following contracts:
- Moloch v2.1 (opens in a new tab) : All Moloch v2 functions with multi-summoner capabilities, plus register function for metadata & EIP-1167 proxy pattern to reduce gas costs during summoning
- Moloch 2.5 (opens in a new tab): All Moloch v2.1 functions with Shamans support
- Minion (opens in a new tab): All Minion functions with the ability for the DAO to intract with smart contracts while keeping funds safe in a Gnosis Safe
Moving forward, the DAOhaus app will be using Moloch v3 (Baal). For more information on Moloch V3 (Baal), refer to the official Baal documentation here (opens in a new tab)
DAOhaus uses The Graph (opens in a new tab) - an indexing protocol that incentivizes and coordinates indexing of public blockchain data. The Graph provides queryable data using GraphQL for your API to plug into.
By indexing Moloch contracts with The Graph, query writers can find data on all compatible DAOs instantly. For more information about DAOhaus subgraphs, please read the documentation on subgraphs
The DAOhaus frontend is built using React. For greater ease of development, we will be releasing component libraries shortly.
For more information on the DAOhaus Client, please refer to documentation on DAOhaus app